Friday, September 30, 2011

Overnight at Kawal Kelong

Kawal Kelong Tanjung Pinang Indonesia

Some kids may want to sleep over tree house or camping but me I have different weird wish like living or sleeping on house on top of water of any forms like sea and river. When I was younger until my teens , I have weird wish like sleeping over on house on top of water. I grew in the province of Pangasinan the famous landmark of Lingayen Gulf where Douglas Mc Arthur and his famous line "I shall return" took place. So I grew up in a place surrounded by rivers and sea but never I never have a chance to live anywhere nearby.

Out of that fantasy turn reality after almost twenty decades, when we visited Kawal Kelong at Tanjung Pinang Indonesia last September 12. It was an strange experiment sleeping on hotel in the middle of the sea. Kawal Kelong in Tanjung Pinang Indonesia is 50 minutes ferry ride from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal and another 45 minutes by car once you reached the Tanjung Pinang Ferry Terminal.
The place is called Kawal Kelong which includes accomodation with all meals and infinite banana boat ride.
There is also island hopping adventure and of course swimming. Below are my photos taken on Kawal Kelong Tanjung Pinang.




No comments:

Post a Comment